Explore the beautiful Drakensberg surrounds. This is a holiday-maker paradise with so many activities to choose from.
- uShaka Horse Trails: Explore the mountains on horseback. Different tours are available depending on your level of expertise. Explore the forests, the grass lands, the Zulu villages and the cave paintings under the supervision of an expert guide. Booking essential.
- Drakensberg Boys' Choir: Enjoy a world-class show as you listen to the beautiful sounds of these young voices.
- Giant's Castle Game Reserve: This beautiful reserve offering glorious views for hikers and mountain climbers as well as one of the best preserved sandstone caves with San rock art.
- Falcon Ridge Birds of Prey Centre: Enjoy an impressive presentation and show daily (except Fridays) and learn more about these fascinating creatures and the art of Falconry.
- Champagne Castle Adventure Centre: Get the adrenalin pumping – whether it's paintball, tree top zip-lining, abseiling, geckoing (white water tubing), scootours, or mountain bike trails - this team has something for everyone not matter their age or fitness level.
- Four Rivers Rafting & Adventures: Fun-filled and exciting, this experienced team will take you on adventure to experience the terrain in a unique manner - from river rafting to quad biking, abseiling and much more.
- All Out Adventures: For amazing mountain bike trails, make sure to book a spot. From the 27km technical Grotto Trail down to the 10km beginner Gypsy's Bend Trail, you'll be sure to have a great time. They also offer a host of other adventure activities to choose from.
- Spioenkop Dam Nature Reserve: Enjoy boating activities, as well as game drives, horse riding and angling.
- Battlefields Route: Go on one a legendary Battlefield Tours in the area. You can enjoy a self-guided tour, or choose the service of a knowledgeable guide to look around the most prominent sites and learn about the battles that took place many years ago.
- World-class hiking trails are everywhere to be found. Explore the central Drakensberg with the famous peaks that include Champagne Castle, Cathedral Peak, Monk's Cowl and Giants Castle. Together they make up one of the highest hiking places in the country and boast the most incredible views, enviable skies, open spaces, sheer rock faces, caves and waterfalls - enough to make up for lives overindulged in indoor, work focussed lifestyles.
- Golf: There are four amazing courses nearby, most notably the Champagne Sports Golf Club, one of the top 30 ranked courses in South Africa. Other courses nearby include the 9-hole Amphitheatre Golf Course, the Cathedral Peak Golf Club and Monks Cowl Golf Club.
- Arts & crafts and country stalls: Travel through the Berg and visit the quaint arts and crafts stalls on offer. Amongst others African Loomers makes beautiful hammocks and KwaZulu Weavers and Candle Factory has daily weaving demonstrations. Numerous other arts and crafts are located at Thokozisa and Cedarwood.
- Restaurants: There will never be a reason to go hungry when in the Drakensberg. If you're looking for hearty meals and delicious baked goods, you have come to the right area. Here are some of the favourite restaurants.
Black Scabbard Portuguese Bistro: Modern and Portuguese
Pig And Plough: Deli and Farm Stall
The Bridge Lodge Pub and Restaurant: A la carte
The Nest Hotel Restaurant: Country Cuisine
- Central Drakensberg
Dragon's Rest Pub and Restaurant: Fusion
Scrumpy Jacks: Light meals
The Waffle Hut: Light meals and coffee shop
Valley Bakery: Deli and Bakery